September 22, 2010

Celebrate!



It has been a busy few days, so I'm a little behind on posting the card that I made for the Stampin' Celebration challenge.


Here are the DEEtails:

I am loving Pink Pirouette right now, and I used it for this card as well, along with some sleek Basic Black. I started by making my Chanel C. I used my 2" circle punch and cut out the center with my 1 1/2" circle punch, then cut a section off to make the C shape. Then I stuck my card stock into some VersaMark and heat embossed it twice to get a glossy look. Next, I made my flower. I punched a 1" circle in basic black and adhered a piece of black grosgrain ribbon from my stash around the perimeter. One edge of the ribbon is adhered to the back, the other edge faced straight up. Then I took my scissors and carefully cut the top edge of the ribbon and frayed it to create the fuzzy center of my flower. I punched 1" circles in Pink Pirouette and adhered them behind for my petals. I matted a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock and added some Basic Black satin ribbon, tied in a bow. I adhered my C with Stampin' Dimensionals, then scribbled the rest of the word "celebrate." I added my flower and tucked a few Pear Pizazz leaves made from my bird punch underneath. Voila!

Thanks for stopping by!

Have you made a button butterfly yet? They are so fun and easy to make! Come join my challenge and show off your button butterflies!

4 comments:

  1. Dee this is fabulous!!!! Too bad you weren't able to get it linked in time. I'm sure it would have been in the Top 3. :-) I love that flower. It matches the pics perfectly!! Thanks for playing with us at the SCIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Dee, and thanks for your great instructions too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks so elegant and sophisticated. Love it!

    ReplyDelete