September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

I've told you about my mom before... She's a fabulously talented lady and she loves PINK! It's kind of funny because my brothers and I have been trying to get her to expand her wardrobe colors, but at the same time, whenever she wears anything other than pink, we can't seem to find her and she just doens't quite look like Mom. Hehe. In fact, the last time we went shopping together, she kept picking out lavendar and purple tops that she liked, but I kept making her put them back because it just didn't seem right. Haha.


Nonetheless, I made this birthday card for her with some fun purple flowers. I bought her this pretty necklace from J. Crew, which is just a big ball of colorful flowers on a long chain. It's so "her", and made the card to match. The necklace is great because she can wear it with ANY color, but more importantly, it will match with all her pinks! :)

Here are the DEEtails for the card:

I started with a piece of patterned cardstock that I had in my stash. It's fun because it's glittery, although you can't tell in the photo. I adhered it to a layer of Perfect Plum card stock, then added two rows of Rose Red grosgrain ribbon which I pleated. I created my flowers by layering punched Perfect Plum with my Martha Stewart Hydrangea Bloom punch. I adhered a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of each and then scattered them on my card. I stamped the letters from my Messages for Mom set in Rose Red on Very Vanilla card stock. I colored the centers in with my Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker, cut out my letters, then adhered them to my card with some Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered everything to a Rose Red card for that a little extra pink. :)

In honor of my Mom and her fabulous creations, I'll be opening up an Etsy shop with her Sew Type A creations! It's not quite ready yet, but I'll keep you poseted!

5 comments:

  1. Fun card & necklace. HB to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful necklace and card! Hope your Mom has a wonderful birthday. I would have to side with her about the color pink. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower blooms is gorgeous. What a beautiful card for your mum! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite cards because it was made for me! I love it and I LOVE the necklace (and so do all my friends). Hugs and Kisses to my favorite girl!

    ReplyDelete