September 26, 2010

Hoot Hoot Hooray!

Boy, it sure has been a crazy week! And looking at my calender for next week, it seems like it is going to be even crazier! I'll try to get a few more posts up though... Today's fun card is for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.



The inspiration picture is darling! I am a big fan of owls and these are no exception! The cupcakes are from Cotton Candy Bakeshop.


Here are the DEEtails:

The owl image, from Pink Cat Studio, this week's sponor, is so cute and perfect for this challenge. I printed "Squirt" on Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Whisper White card stock and cut out the body, eyes, beak, and flower. I loved the idea of a "patchwork" owl, so after piecing it together, I took a needle and poked holes at all the faux stitching on the image. Then I took some needlepoint floss and stitched away! The rest of my card was so easy to put together. I threw in some Georgia Peach DSP, an Early Espresso scallop circle, some So Saffron Poly Twill, some Itty Bitty punch flowers, and a cute sentiment from my Owl Together Now stamp set. So fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

So Saffron Poly Twill is SO fun to use! And it can be SO free when you purchase one of my Ribbon Shares. You'll receive a free yard of ribbon with every order!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute and so charming with the fun stitching detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! So Sweet! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoot hoot hooray...I love it! Fabulous bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipes, those cupcakes make me hungry. Your owl is charming and you interpreted the inspiration beautifully. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute and soooo you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so hootilicious. I couldn't resist. I love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete