September 8, 2010

Lots-o-Buttons


Happy Belated Birthday To ME! :) Hehe! I love belated birthday gifts because they're such a nice surprise that often come when you least expect it. My Aunt, Uncle, and cousins spent the summer in Denmark this year (my uncle is Danish, so they often go to visit). While they were there, they picked up a birthday gift for me, which I just got in the mail. Isn't it fab?!


This bracelet is absolutely perfect! I am a huge fan of buttons (and neutral colors). So of course, after I tried it on, took it off, photographed it and put it on again, I grabbed my button collection and made this card.

Here are the DEEtails:

Crumb Cake cards are my favorite, so I started off with it as my base. I took a piece of Neutrals White card stock, and drew a heart design with my Riding Hood Red Stampin' Write marker. I cut it out and adhered it to my base, then grabbed a handful of white buttons and filled in my heart. I added some Hemp Twine around my line, then outlined it with my marker. I used my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker to write my sentiment. Then I pleated some Riding Hood Red card stock and added it to the bottom of my card. It kind of looks like a Valentine, but I really wanted them to know how much I LOVE my gift! I hope they get the message!

4 comments:

  1. I too am a fan of buttons and you did the bracelet proud in your beautiful card. I love it. Hmmm, Now I know the wheels are turning in your head about making a bracelet like the one you just received! I can see big $$$ on the horizon for this venture. Let me know, I'll be your first customer... Great job girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! Love the card. What a fabulous idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday to you. Your gift is lovely and very inspiring. I made a bracelet of the old white buttons and one was rather large so it was the centerpiece. I love it and I love yours. Buttons are a great craft supply as they are so versatile. I'm looking forward to seeing something else as beautiful as your card in the near future on a post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like that bracelet, too. What a perfect inspiration for such a button-licious card! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete