September 14, 2010

Natural Bird Cage



I am absolutely loving this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge inspiration photo!

Here are the DEEtails for my card:

I used my Cricut and Songbird die to make an Early Espresso birdcage. I cut a scallop edge in Always Artichoke to add a border to the bottom. Then I used my Tiny Tags set to stamp a sentiment and some flowers onto some Crumb Cake card stock and punched them out with my Jewelry Tag punch. I tied them to my bird cage with some Linen Thread. Then I took some Naturals White card stock and used my Papertrey Ink Woodgrain embossing plate to add a bit of texture. I added a little bit of Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon along with some Papertrey Ink leaf trim. I added some layers of Early Espresso and Always Artichoke and adhered it all to my Crumb Cake card. Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. So very creative! Beautiful use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is gorgeous, great card...have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute card....love it!!! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that bird cage and bird. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and simple! I love the woodgrain embossing and those adorable tags. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete