September 2, 2010

Pretty in Pearls


This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is Elements of Style: Pretty in Pearls. I am loving the name (and the new look at PPA)! I love this photo of Audrey from Breakfast at Tiffany's. She wears her pearls so beautifully! My mom was named after her, which may be one of the reasons why I've grown to love Audrey Hepburn from a very young age. :)



Stampin' Up!'s new Pearl Jewels are just perfect for this project and that's what I used on today's card. Here are the rest of the DEEtails:

I am loving these ribbon flowers, made with Daffodil Delight 3/8" Taffeta ribbon twirled, twisted, and adhered to a card stock base. I added a simple sentiment from my Full of Life stamp set onto a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock, layered on Wild Wasabi and So Saffron. A few punches of my Bird punch made leaves to tuck under my ribbon flowers, adorned with some Pearl Jewels. Lovely!

Want to make your own taffeta ribbon flowers? You can make them in 10 fabulous colors when you order Option 7 of my Ribbon Share. Plus, you'll get an extra yard of ribbon, free with your purchase!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, very pretty card. The colors go beautifully together and what yummy flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely pretty in pearls! Wonderful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!!! Your flowers are so gorgeous!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeousness, Nina! Love those flowers...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are divine!! So lovely. Thanks for playing @ PPA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Nina! I love the flowers with the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Nina. What a great take on this challenge. It is really beautiful. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    Take care, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearl perfection. the flowers are exquisite. Love the story about your mom's name . . . Thank you for supporting the PPA with your ideas and inspiration. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am a huge Audrey fan and my grandmother shares her name. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina,

    LOVE your flowers, very pretty and they go so perfectly with pearls!

    ReplyDelete