September 15, 2010

Thanks For Being You


Today's card is for the Shabby Tea Room Fresh Living Challenge. Here's the inspiration picture:




And here are the DEEtails:

I used my Stampin' Write markers to ink and stamp the images from my Falling Leaves set onto Sahara Sand card stock. Then I went over them, coloring in each leaf to be a solid, bold print. I cut the images to 1" squares, and trimmed some corners with my corner rounder. Then I took my Chat Room rub ons and added a single word to each leaf. I arranged my squares on my card and adhered them on. I added some ribbon below, first using Early Espresso 5/8" Grosgrain, then layered on some Theater Ribbon Orignals. For my final touch, I added a Corduroy button in Kraft, threaded with some organdy ribbon from my stash.

Love the layered ribbon look? Try out some of my ribbon shares! Not only will you get yards of gorgeous ribbon, but you'll also get a surprise yard free, just for participating! Contact me to place your order today!

Are you up for a challenge? Try out my Button Butterfly challenge, part of my Inspire DEE challenge series. I'd love to see your creations! Or better, yet, you can set the trend and start a new challenge by e-mailing me your inspiration ideas!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful nature inspired card with such lovely leaves! I also love the colors and textures on your blog! Thanks for playing with us in The Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful! I love how you've used the leaf stamps here. The rub on sentiment directly on the leaves is fabulous, too, and I adore your layered ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! LOVE the ribbon and the button! Also LOVE the sidebars and header on your blog with the ribbon and butterflies! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely clean and simple card, and great take on the challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - clean and simple! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete