September 6, 2010

Thanks for Everything!


I made this card for the Moxie Fab World Challenge, but as I was working on it, the colors jumped out at me and reminded me of my dear friend and colleague, Rebecca. Rebecca is amazing and does so much for me. She runs programs that I create, drives hours to present at conferences with me, and is my right hand man, er lady, even though it's not her job (or anything close to it!) Anything I don't want to do, Rebecca does with a smile on her face. Anything I need help with, she's there by my side. Anything I'm too scared to try, she's the first to leap. She even kills all the yucky bugs in my office for me! :) Hehe! So this thank you is for Rebecca - for EVERYTHING she does!


Now for the DEEtails:

I liked the layout of color in this inspiration image and used it to guide the placement of colors on my card. So, I started out with white card stock and added some textured Tempting Turquoise at the bottom by running it through my Swiss Dots embossing plate. My Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon was brought on by the bright yellow cushions on the sofa. I added a bow to add some more color in the center, the way the fun yellow sculpture does in the photo. Two pink flowers for the awesome pink chairs with an Itty Bitty Button center tied up with some linen thread to add a bit of tan color from the wood. And of course some words from my For Everything stamp set to show off some blue from the gorgeous ocean in the background. To frame it all, a Daffodil Delight mat and card.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope each and every one of you have a "Rebecca" in your life!
Don't forget to participate in the first ever Inspire DEE Challenge, your chance to inspire me to create a card using your favorite image! Click here for more DEEtails! :)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colors, what an inspiration photo too, couldn't you imagine being there! The real treasure however, is your friend, Rebecca...friends like her are few and far between, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nina Dee! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the texture and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspired card. I adore those little flowers. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nina! I got the card and loved it! It was such a nice surprise in my mailbox at work! Don't worry the support is definently not one sided! Nina does the same for me right back and I appreciate her too!

    ReplyDelete