September 4, 2010

Welcome Baby!

My brother-in-law and his wife had their baby on Tuesday, so we're actually back home for the weekend to meet him. My hubby and I are already aunt and uncle to two adorable little girls, but now that their brother is here, boy are we psyched! I come from a family of boys - four little brothers - so I think boys are just extra fun. Now, I am a total girly girl, and often have nothing to do with them and refer to the bros as "stinky boys" - which they are - but I thoroughly enjoy them. And now that our nephew is here, our nieces can enjoy all the fun of having their own "stinky boy" in their lives - I mean besides their dad! Hehe! :) Here's the card I made to welcome the little man:


And here are the DEEtails:

I started off stamping the cute elephant from my Baby Steps stamp. I used my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker to ink just the large elephant and stamped him on Whisper White card stock. Then I took some pieces of Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, and Pear Pizazz card stock and cut little triangles out. I used my Stampin' Write to scribble a letter on each flag, and hung them on a piece of linen thread by using a bit of adhesive. I adhered one end of my banner under a piece of Nursery Suite Specialty DSP and the other end under my elephant's trunk. Then I took an extra piece of linen thread and tied a little bow around his trunk. I used some Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere my elephant to my DSP and added a Chocolate Chip layer before adhering it to my Baja Breeze card. The great thing about this card, is you can adhere it to a pink card for a girl, or a green card if you're not quite sure what the parents are expecting! Surprises always are fun! :)

Did you know that Linen Thread is part of my Ribbon Share Option 8? The Lace and Fiber package comes with Stampin' Up!'s new Chantilly and Victoria Crochet ribbons, Twill Tape and Linen Thread. Order yours today!

5 comments:

  1. Nina, this is so cute! Love how you made the banner and spelled welcome...adorable! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, your "scribbles" are as pretty as rub on or stamped letters! DEElightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just perfect. I love everthing about it, and I know they'll really love it too. Great job and Congratulations to you on the new addition to your extended family.

    ReplyDelete