I'm still not sure if this is just right, but here's my DEEsign:
And the DEEtails:
1. I love the neutral look of the room with just a splash of color, so I tried to mimic it with SU! colors: Kraft, Whisper White and non SU! color that looks like Bermuda Bay (although it looks more blue in the photo than teal).
2. I used a Hero Arts stamp that I bought a long time ago for the main image, cropped it, and mounted it on another piece of Kraft paper. I really liked the tone on tone look, although it's a little hard to see in this photo.
3. I used the oval mirror in the photo as the inspiration for my sentiment. I hand cut the oval and gave it a glossy look by dipping it in VersaMark and clear embossing powder. I did this twice to give it a really thick gloss effect. (The only thing I didn't like about it, was that it made the paper look more of eggshell color).
4. I used the sentiment from the Great Friend stamp set. I love the handwritten look!
5. I finished it off with some aqua buttons and ribbon for that splash of color inspired by the photo. Again, I promise it is much more aqua looking that it appears in the photo!