March 12, 2011

Woodgrain Love (And A Little Extra Love)


Here's a little card that I had whipped up a while ago and never posted. I've been busy putting together ribbon shares and haven't had much time for creating. I thought this card was fitting because I'm feeling very lovey and sentimental today. Yesterday was a difficult day for me with the news of the earthquake and tsunamis. Half my family lives in Japan, the other half in Hawaii and it was a bit terrifying with the uncertainty of it all.

I woke up to a text from my best friend, who currently works on the Big Island of Hawaii letting me know her building was being evacuated and asking how the rest of my family was. I called a few people but didn't get much news. I got to work a little shaken up and walked to my office to turn on CNN (love live streaming, by the way). And then, the best part of my day happened. The bell rang and the kids started pouring in. Little S popped into my room:

S: Hi Mrs. Dee
Me: Hi S, What's up?
S: Nothing. I just came in to give you a good morning hug!
She swooped around my desk and threw her arms around me.
S: Bye Mrs. Dee. Have a good day!

Just what I needed. :)

The rest of the day was just a blur. My usual running around and lots of stomach aches. By the end of the night, I had heard from all my family. Everyone is doing fine in both Japan and Hawaii. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by these event.

DEEtails for my card:

I started by stamping the SU! Woodgrain image onto some Natural White card stock. Then I layered on some strips of card stock - Melon Mambo with a scallop edge, some Chocolate Chip and some Crumb Cake. I stamped the flourished heart from SU!'s I {Heart} Hearts set in VersaMark and embossed it on Melon Mambo card stock, then added some neutral Designer Buttons tied up with some Linen Thread.

1 comment: