July 9, 2011

Pinterest...

(If you just want to see today's card, scroll all the way down)


ETA: If you have Pinterest and decide to follow me, please leave a comment below. I'd love to follow you too! :)

So, you've heard of Pinterest right? Yes, all the cool kids are doing it. It's so addicting just to stop by and look at people's pin boards, so I thought it might be neat to give it a try.

I actually got an invite about a month ago, but I waited a couple of weeks because at the time, I was still in the midst of my craziness. When I finally tried to set up my account, I came to the realization that you can only sign up with a Facebook or Twitter account. You may recall that I'm a bit internet shy, so I don't have either. But, I finally had to give in and set one up! I opted for Twitter (mostly because I hoped people wouldn't find me) and I found out that you can set up a Twitter account, then set up your Pinterest, unlink your Twitter account and delete it, while still keeping the Pinterest account! So, that's what I did! And that's the story of my brief appearance on Twitter.

Now, back to Pinterest... You can browse other people's boards and pin favorite pics directly to your boards, or instantly pin photos thatt you come across while blog hopping. I have folders and folders of favorite links with great photos, fun ideas, etc. Pinterest makes things so much easier because it provides a visual for all those favorite links. So now when I'm trying to find something that I had saved, I can quickly peek at my various boards (which you can organize into categories) and find the idea without going through my many links.

If you'd like to take a peek at my boards, it might be an interesting way to get to know me a little better. You'll get to see some of the things I like outside the card world. Plus it would be nice to have a few Pinterest friends... :) And, who knows, the world of social networking just might spark my interest. Ha!


Pinterest is where I rounded up all those fabulous treats that you've gotten to see over the course of the week. You might recognize a few goodies in the screen shot above. I love the fact that I can store inspiration ideas all in one easy to retrieve place. I plan to remove images once I've created something using the idea, but for now, I left this past weeks' treats just so you can see them all sitting on one board.

I also created a card for today inspired by another one of my pin boards - this one dedicated to color.

Here's the inspiration photo from Creature Comforts.


Here the the DEEtails:

I interpreted the colors as Apricot Appeal, Calypso Coral and Poppy Parade with a bit of black and white. I loved that fluffy skirt and wanted to keep that feel. I used SU!'s Fabulous Florets stamped in a combination of the colors on coordinating card stock. I adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals onto some Whisper White cardstock matted with Basic Black. Then I added some Basc Black Taffeta ribbon, layered with some polka dotted ribbon from my stash. I tucked in a tag stamped with the sentiment from SU!'s Great Friend. I added a thick Poppy parade mat and adhered everything to a Calypso Coral card.


1 comment:

  1. Love Pinterest and I love this card! Great inspiration. Off to check out your pinboards.

    ReplyDelete