July 30, 2011

A to Z of DEE


Hi friends! :) Today's colorful card was made for this week's ColourQ challenge. LOVE these colors!


This card didn't turn out exactly how I had planned, but I'm loving it. Here are the DEEtails:

I started by building my layered ruffle embellishment with some Scallop Edge border punched Early Espresso card stock, some ruffled teal satin ribbon from my stash, the edge of a white ruffled ribbon from my stash, and some Flirty Ribbon Originals. Then I created my little note pad page by trimming down some some Whisper White card stock and punching the top edge with the Spiral Border punch. I masked the edges and stamped the center with SU!'s A to Z stamp. I layered on a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock stamped with the sentiment from SU!'s Apple Blossoms and embellished the card with some buttons - a coral button from my stash and an Early Espresso designer button, a chipboard parenthesis, and some flower ribbon trim.

Now, sticking with this A to Z theme, here are some fun facts about me... A few weeks ago, Sue B. sent me a fun little questionnaire so you could get to know me better. I changed a few questions, cause I'm a rebel like that. Haha. Just kidding, I didn't have good answers for some of them (or didn't want to answer them), so I changed it up to something I thought suited me better. If you choose to play along, please link to the comments. I'd love to hear your answers too!

A. Age: I just turned 29.

B. Bed size: Queen - and it is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Even when we stay at luxury hotels, I'm dreaming of coming home to sleep in my bed!

C. Car you drive: White Rav4

D. Dream vacation: Australia

E. Essential start to your day: Getting out of bed - if that doesn't happen, the day doesn't start

F. Favorite color: green and yellow (they happen to be the school colors at the elementary school where I work so it's a perfect fit)

G. Gold or silver: I've always been a silver and white gold kind of girl, but I've recently starting to enjoy gold tones... Hmm, perhaps I am growing up.

H. Height: 5'2 1/4" And yes, that quarter of an inch is very important

I. Instruments you play(ed): I currently play the Tuba, but I've played the piano, flute, and a few percussion instruments

J. Job title: Elementary School Counselor

K. Kids: 0 or 400... however you want to look at it :)

L. Live: currently Southern Maryland

M. Mom's name: Audrey

N. Nicknames: Everyone just calls me Nina... My best bud calls me Neeners. I guess in blogland, people call me Dee...? I'm not sure I'm a total fan of that...

O. Overnight hospital stays: Only one, I think. It was quite interesting. I was really drugged and I had my contacts out and all I wanted was to know what the pattern on my nurses scrubs were. She thought I was a total nut.

P. Pets: A Basset Hound, Molly

Q. Quote: "Love what you do. Do what you love." I live by it.

R. Righty or lefty: righty

S. Siblings: 4 half-brothers. So really, I only have 2 :)

T. Time you wake up: 15 minutes before I have to leave

U. Under your bed: Extra bath towels and a basket with icy hot, lip balm, lotion, and an eye mask

V. Vegetables you don't like: Onions

W. Worst Habbit: Expecting perfection.


X. X-rays you've had: I think just dental x-rays... Not sure...

Y. Yummy food you make: I don't cook

Z. Zodiac sign: Cancer


Check back later to see the winner of my Birthday Giveaway! :)

4 comments:

  1. love the layout of your card!! all the pretty details are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Nina! Love that ruffle. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous ruffled border! Fabulous job with these colors, Nina! Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous card, so many fabulous elements! I adore that ruffled border treatment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete