August 20, 2014

A Birthday Treat

I celebrated my birthday last month. One of the surprises I received was a very cold box from one of my favorite places to frequent in Ohio - Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.


Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams originated in Ohio and founder, Jeni Britton Bauer, attended my Alma mater. Jeni's uses the freshest ingredients, from local farms and fair trade around the world. The ice cream is so yummy, the flavor so rich, and tastes like it was made so intentionally. (Not sure that I know any other way to describe it!)

My mom ordered me a box of yummies from the fabulous ice cream shop. If you've never tried Jeni's, I highly recommend it! Although there are only a few states that have Jeni's Scoop Shops, their pints are available in many grocery stores. And of course, if you can't find them in stores, you can always order online.

The flavors my mom ordered were Wildberry Lavender (yum!) and Grapefruit Frozen Yogurt (double yum!)


I'm also a huge fan of their Chamomile ice cream (although I think it is only a seasonal flavor) and I'm dying to try their Goatcheese with Red Cherries.

My mom also ordered me an assortment of ice cream sandwiches. I was kind enough to share with my hubby and we both agree that they were all so delicious we couldn't pick a favorite! Although, I am kind of partial to the Orchid Vanilla just because it is so pretty...


If you're looking for a fun sweet treat to try as the last days of summer wrap up, try Jeni's. It's fab! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment