January 27, 2015

A Quick Hello


Hello! We have a snow day today, so I am enjoying a little time off. I'm just popping in really quickly to share a card I just made... I'm quite enjoying the Fusion Card Challenge that I only just discovered a few weeks ago. When I saw this week's challenge, of course I had to play along again!


I was working on my card for Cupcake Inspirations and had some left over pieces that I made a quick card with. Don't you love when that works out? Anyway, you'll be seeing a couple elements from today's card this weekend...

DEEtails:

I love this wood chevron patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan line from American Crafts. I've had it set aside on my desk, waiting for just the right card and when I saw this week's inspiration photo with all that gorgeous wood, I knew it was time! I made a mini version of the sketch in my little wood polaroid style photo frame with some watercolored flowers from Secret Garden. I added a bit of greenery by using the bird punch on some pretty green paper from Heidi Swapps Favorite Things line. A little Hello die cut with a Technique Tuesday die on some of that fun Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP adds the final touch. What do you think?

Paper: Basic Gray Cardstock, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Paper Pad, Heidi Swapp Favorite Things Paper Pad, Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Secret Garden
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: Recollections wood frame
Tools: Bird Punch, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, paint brush, Stampin' Dimmensionals, Stampin' Write Markers - Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Strawberry Slush, Technique Tuesday Say It - Hello die

3 comments:

  1. What pretty blooms ... love how you tucked i the leaves ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous! I love the layout too - having them peek out from the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete