January 7, 2015

Make a Wish!


I'm so excited to share today's card with you! I recently discovered the Fusion challenge, thanks to Pinterest and was just tickled by the current inspiration.


Are you totally in love like I am?!

Here are the DEEtails:

I had to use both the sketch and the inspiration image, so I started with some Blushing Bride Cardstock and layered a piece of Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum over it. Then I used a fancy doily from my stash and layered a piece of Basic Black card stock over it that I had die cut with the Banners Framelits and stamped with the sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set. I inked it in VersaMark and embossed it in White and then smeared a bit of Whisper White ink to give it a chalky effect. Then I layered on some embellishments, including some strips of washi Tape (the gold stripes are from SU's Watercolor Wonder, the black and white hearts are from Target's Dollar Spot). I adhered the washi tape over Whisper White Cardstock and trimmed them down so they were thinner than their actual width. Then I stamped the layered cake from Make a Cake in Whisper White ink on more Blushing Bride Cardstock. The image didn't come out as bold as I wanted, so I used a chalk marker to color in the platter portion and a white Gelly Roll Souffle pen (my favorite white pen) to outline the cake layers. I like how my inking made the cake look a little less perfect. The final touch was a banner made of Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Foil, and Whisper White card stock inked up with Illuminate ink. What do you think?


Paper: Basic Black Cardstock, Blushing Bride Cardstock, Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, Gold Foil, Whisper White Cardstock
Stamps: Make a Cake, Perfect Pennants
Ink: Illuminate, Whisper White, VersaMark
Embellishments: doily, Gold Baker's Twine, Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape, washi tape from Target Dollar Spot
Tools: Banner Framelits, chalk marker, sponge dauber, White Sakura Gelly Rolls Souffle Pen

3 comments:

  1. WOW.....!!!!!
    Simply stunning, absolutely beautiful, fabulously gorgeous... I am totally in love with this card xD I want to frame it and just stare at it all I want!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! That little cake just takes it over the top. SO many textures and layers.. it's a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink and gold! Such a fun card!
    Thanks for helping us celebrate Fusion's one Year Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete