March 13, 2015

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge


Hi friends! We're back for our Double Dare challenge with Naki today! We had to take a quick break to party! Naki had her son's birthday party and I had our huge celebration over at Cupcake Inspirations. By the way, if you haven't had a chance to play over there, the challenges all close tomorrow, so you can still celebrate with us!


Here's how it works: For each challenge, Naki and I blindly pick something that we want to work with (a color scheme, tool, sketch, technique, inspiration, whatever!) Then we combine our picks to make a Double Dare Challenge! Here are our picks for this challenge:

Naki's pick for this challenge was to use the Sahara Sand Lace Trimfrom the Occasions Catalog

My pick was to use an embossing folder

Here are the DEEtails for my card:

This card is a little somber after all the partying we've been doing... The pretty lace and the woodgrain embossing was so peaceful for a sympathy card. I added a strip of the Something Borrowed DSP (This paper is really lovely, by the way) and just had a bit of the lace peeking out from underneath. Naki actually stamped and embossed this feather in one of her adorable wrapping treatments in some Happy Mail she sent me. I had kept it on my desk and it popped out at me as the perfect embellishment while I was making this card. I added the recycled embellishment with some Stampin' Dimmensionals over a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock embossed with the beautiful sentiment from Gifts of Kindness. Have you noticed that I'm loving slightly wordier sentiments embossed on colored paper recently? 


Paper: Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, Sahara Sand Cardstock, Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, White Vellum Cardstock
Stamps: Four Feathers, Gifts of Kindness
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: Sahara Sand Lace Trim, White Stampin' Emboss Powder
Tools: Feathers Framelits Dies, heat tool, Stampin' Dimmensionals, Woodgrain Embossing Folder

Please pop over to Naki's blog to see what she's made for this little challenge. Of course, we'd love for you to play along with us! Just create a project with some Sahara Sand Lace Trim and an embossing folder and link up in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Soft, serene and so gentle, Nina ... a perfect sympathy card! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words ... they're so appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I love that you recycled the feather, it's so perfect for such a natural card!

    ReplyDelete