April 7, 2015

A Fabulous Work of Art


It's back to work today for me, but thanks to a bit of free time this weekend, I was able to create a card to play along with the Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs. The challenge is to use Watercolor - Yay!


DEEtails:

I really wanted to create a piece of art for this challenge and came up with the idea of giant blossoms popping out of a frame, so I started with the frame image from Around the House from Newton's Nook. I splashed on some "watercolors" using a paintbrush with water and some Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana inked on some of my acrylic blocks. After letting it dry, I popped it into the frame. No, no... Just kidding. I trimmed it down and adhered it onto my stamped image. Stamping the sentiment was a bit of an afterthought and a bit tricky! The sentiment is from SU's Work of Art and embossed in gold. Gold on soft watercolor is just the prettiest thing! The flowers from Secret Garden were stamped in Versmark and embossed in clear powder. I finally purchased the matching dies for these flowers and used them for the first time! Then I watercolored them using the same technique as the background, but with Crisp Cantaloupe ink. I love how soft and delicate these flowers turned out. I filled in the centers using my Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blendabilities marker, then added them to my card with some adhesive and Stampin' Dimmensionals. I wanted a bit of extra gold in there, so I rolled up some gold DMC thread and tucked it under my flowers. Oooh. And of course, for some extra sparkle, I added some lovely sequins. Hope you like it!


Paper: Artist's Loft 140# Watercolor Paper, Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock, Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Around the House (Newton's Nook), Secret Garden, Work of Art
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark; Stampin' Blendabilities Marker - Daffodil Delight
Embellishments: Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Gold Metallic Thread (DMC), Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Save the Date Sequins (Teresa Collins)
Tools: heat tool, paintbrush, Secret Garden Framelits dies

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful - definitely a fabulous Work of Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the way you used the frame on this! Thanks for linking up to our Inky Paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so pretty Nina! I love your soft colors and watercolored flowers, and the way you framed them around the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete